I had a meaningful conversation with someone who I look up to and have total respect for where work passion is concerned. I aspire to be like him when I have my Masters in ID in the future. He taught me a valuable lesson about belief in oneself. He said, "You have to be survivor, not an escapist. Have to learn, adapt and evolve"... A profound yet simple statement, indeeed.
Time now - 9.52pm! I have to log off soon or I might as well camp in the office. That's the challenge with project management - too much paperwork! One wrong entry (thanks to the 'beauty' of Microsoft Project), and your timeline is screwed! But I know at the back of my mind I have to get all requirements in place (heavy responsibility huh?) *grit my teeth*
Also today, I realized that my boss trusts me to make judgement calls usually made by 'people at the top'. I thank him for his 'faith' in me. As much as I hate project management work (my passion is Instructional Design), I know that in this 'cruel' world, you need either paper qualification or years of experience (or both!) to be respected. Hence, I will save up enough to pursue what I need to do to get to my goal!
I end my note with this reflective poem about being a survivor (face your 'enemies' head on, Azzah!):
Power of Pain
I sat alone another day.
The world was moving all around me, but it seemed as if my life was in a standstill.
The doctors say its anxiety.
Everyone thinks anxiety means nervousness or fear, but it is deeper than that.
Anxiety holds you prisoner.
You can't leave your house.
There is too much fear inside.
Everyone walking around me, but I can't move, the apprehension paralyzes me.
Everyone says, "Be brave. You can do it. You'll make it out of this."
But sometimes I wonder if I will.
I try to combat it all, but if I attempt to do anything, it all starts over again.
Thump, thump, thump
My heart beats faster and faster.
I can feel it in my chest.
Beads of sweat
Racing, falling. running down my forehead.
All the thoughts swarm in my brain.
The fear picks up.
It is unbearable.
I'm so frightened, but I don't know what of.
The paranoia sweeps over my body like a giant wave.
Every day I have to fight what seems to be a losing battle.
But then . . . I look outside.
I see the colors.
I see the life.
I see spirit.
I know I can do this.
Hope, pray, win
PS: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy" – Martin Luther King Jr
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment